What is L1?
- As a non-Immigrant Visa (Non-Immigrant Visa)
- This visa holder has the right to reside and work legally in the United States without any further work permit.
- The maximum duration of L1 Visa is 07 years
- L1 visa holders are entitled to buy a house, own property, get a social security number, be granted ID types, driver license registration and a number of other personal utilities of the person Visa issuance when living, working, studying or investing in US immigration.
- After a minimum period of 1 year with satisfying certain conditions, L1 visa holders can apply for permanent residence status for the whole family to follow the green / green card permanently ( 10 years) without having a conditional green card (2 years)
- Entrepreneurs and managers in Vietnam go to the US to run companies / branches in the US
- Visa is issued to managers and family members (children under 21 years old)
Conditions for the company:
- Enterprises in Vietnam operate for at least 1 year
- Businesses in the US may be new or already active
- Enterprises in the US can be branches, subsidiaries or shares with other companies
- Enterprises in Vietnam must account for more than 51% of the shares and control the main businesses in the US
- Must have an operational headquarters
- Proved enough ability to transfer employees to the United States
- The nature of businesses in the US and Vietnam (business functions) need not be the same
- The company in the US must be:
+ Subsidiary of Vietnamese company (Subsidiary)
+ The company has co-owners with the company in Vietnam (Affiliate)
+ Branch (Branch)
Conditions for managers to be transferred to the US:
- Has worked for a company in Vietnam for at least 1 year in the last 3 years
- The person who is transferred to the US is an enterprise manager / operator
- Salary is paid by a company in Vietnam or a US company